Sunday, November 30, 2008

Taught the weekend of Nov 29th - 30th

MESSAGE OUTLINE OPENING

1. [Pull out one flare, calling it a "dynamite stick."] This is highly explosive! Most people won’t handle or touch it.

2. Yes it is dangerous! But when it is used properly, it can have explosive results!

a. Demolition teams use it to level old buildings to make room for new ones. b. Ski resorts use it to set off avalanches in a controlled environment. This prevents avalanches from happening later when there are people on the mountain.

c. It is also used to reach gold and precious stones locked within a mountain, to blast tunnels and cut a path for a highway.

3. James 5:16 says, "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." Prayer can be like dynamite.

4. Are you daring enough? Do you have the guts? Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone?

5. Tonight we are going to talk about the five most dangerous prayers!

Dynamite Prayer #1: GOD SEARCH ME!

1. Psalm 139:23-24 says, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

2. We have to allow God to enter every closet and corner of our lives.

3. Are we willing to look at what He finds?

4. Psalm 51:10 says, "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

Dynamite Prayer #2: GOD STRETCH ME!

1. Isaiah 54:2 says, "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back, lengthen your cords."

2. Our prayer should be: "Stretch my vision and my heart for the lost. Help me to be a better person, student, and employee."

3. A rubber band is not useful until it is stretched.

Dynamite Prayer #3: GOD BREAK ME!

1. Hosea 10:12 says, "Break up your fallow ground for it is time to seek the LORD."

2. Break any hardness, bad habits, bitterness, unforgiveness, addictions, and negative attributes.

3. Matthew 23:12 says, "For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

4. Pride is like a flagpole and humility is like an elevator.

a. When you climb a flagpole and reach the top, there’s only one thing left to do: go down!

b. On an elevator, I am not actually climbing, I am on my knees before God, humbled. But the next thing I know, I’m at floor 32 and I never changed positions!

Dynamite Prayer #4: GOD LEAD ME!

1. Matthew 26:39 says, "Not my will, Father, but your will be done."

2. [Read Proverbs 3:5-8.]

3. We must know, trust, and believe in His direction!

4. John 16:13 says, "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

Dynamite Prayer #5: GOD USE ME!

1. Isaiah 6:8 says, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’"

2. Luke 10:2 says, "He told them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’"

3. Who are the workers? You and I! Not some stranger down the street.

4. I dare you to ask God to use you each morning.

a. You can pray, "God send people across my path to minister to. I pray that your Holy Spirit would guide me to those individuals who need a touch from you. Give me the words to speak."

CLOSING

1. What would the result be if each one of us prayed and lived out each one of these prayers? [Tape the five sticks together.]

2. Think of the new things God could do, the lives that could be saved, and the riches of heaven that would be unlocked.

3. Are you willing to light the match? Are you ready for some explosive results in your life?

4. [Set aside a time of prayer and worship. Allow the students to spread out around the room and spend some time alone with God. Encourage them to take a few minutes and pray through these prayers.]

No comments: