Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15th/16th – Say What? – Good Shepherd

Another strong claim that Jesus made about Himself and His relationship to us. The best way to teach this lesson is to set the whole thing up by talking about the role shepherds played in Biblical days. List the various qualities of a good shepherd, then compare those qualities with some of the same qualities found in Christ. The main point of this lesson: Am I part of His flock?

SAY WHAT?

Bible Saying You’ve Heard, But May Not Understand!

I Am the Good Shepherd

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep“(John 10:11 NLT).

THE GOOD SHEPHERED:

KNOWS me by NAME

“The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out” (John 10:3 NLT).

KEEPS me SAFE

“He walks ahead of them; and they follow him, because they recognize his voice”

(John 10:4 NLT).

GIVES me LIFE

“The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness” (John 10:10 NLT).

Thought for the week:

Am I PART of His FLOCK?

No comments: