Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29th/30th – Say What? – Vine & Branches

The final saying of this series is also the most important! Simply put, we are useless without Christ. This lesson is simple, but crucial! It will force students to take an honest look at where they are in their relationship with Christ. The main point of this lesson: Am I attached, detached, or re-attached?

SAY WHAT?

Bible Saying You’ve Heard, But May Not Understand!

Vine and Branches

“Take care to live in me, and let me live in you. For a branch can’t produce fruit when severed from the vine. Nor can you be fruitful apart from me. Yes, I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in me and I in him shall produce a large crop of fruit. For apart from me you can’t do a thing. If anyone separates from me, he is thrown away like a useless branch, withers, and is gathered into a pile with all the others and burned” (John 15:4-6).

JESUS is the VINE / I am the BRANCH

CONNECTED TO THE VINE I’M:

HELPFUL and HOPEFUL

“Whoever lives in me and I in him shall produce a large crop of fruit” (John 15:5b).

“He has already tended you by pruning back for greater strength and usefulness” (John 15:3).

APART FROM THE VINE I’M:

HELPLESS and HOPELESS

If anyone separates from me, he his thrown away like a useless branch, withers, and is gathered into a pile with all the others and burned” (John 15:6).

Thought for the week:

Am I ATTACHED, DETACHED, or RE-ATTACHED?

No comments: